My biggest question is whether we should involve Annabelle in the process of giving away her toys or not. I'm just afraid that if she comes with us when we deliver the toys that she we make a huge scene and won't want to give them away. I have a strong impression to leave Annabelle at home and to take the toys to the friends house without her. I don't want to necessarily "go behind her back" though. I'm not sure if just a chat will help her say "good bye" to her toys.
More than anything, I just want this move to be as smooth of a transition as possible.
Here are some websites that talked about helping children give away their toys:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/question/emotions/donating.html
Although this article isn't long, I like how it talk about preparing your child by talking to them. I really think that we'll have to tell Annabelle that we'll have to give a lot of her toys away.
http://tipsfororganizing.com/getting-rid-of-kids%E2%80%99-toys/
It's true that kids should be involved in the organization process. They are the ones who bond to their toys (although sometimes I do too!) I like the suggestion of putting the toys up to see if the kids will miss their toys. The only bad thing is the possibility of causing a clutter area of unwanted things.
We'll just see how this goes!
February 10, 2012
Ok, so here is my report on the matter: I decided to warn Annabelle a few days in advance that we would be moving and that we wouldn't be able to take some of her toys. That day that I took the toys over, I think I even mentioned it a few times. I decided it best to leave the kids with Rocky while I took the toys over to our friends, Tomoko and Hi-ya. I think that this was wise because Annabelle didn't really miss them. There were so many things going on that I don't think that she really missed them. I am glad that I saved some recognizable toys for her, though. I didn't really use them for the plane trip. Well, really she doesn't really play with them now either because she has so many "new" (hand-me-down) things. She really likes the fact that we saved her bath toys, though. Anyway, I guess if I could do this all again, I would actually leave a few more of her toys....and a LOT more of my clothes, but that would have to be another blog topic.
More than anything, I just want this move to be as smooth of a transition as possible.
Here are some websites that talked about helping children give away their toys:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/question/emotions/donating.html
Although this article isn't long, I like how it talk about preparing your child by talking to them. I really think that we'll have to tell Annabelle that we'll have to give a lot of her toys away.
http://tipsfororganizing.com/getting-rid-of-kids%E2%80%99-toys/
It's true that kids should be involved in the organization process. They are the ones who bond to their toys (although sometimes I do too!) I like the suggestion of putting the toys up to see if the kids will miss their toys. The only bad thing is the possibility of causing a clutter area of unwanted things.
We'll just see how this goes!
February 10, 2012
Ok, so here is my report on the matter: I decided to warn Annabelle a few days in advance that we would be moving and that we wouldn't be able to take some of her toys. That day that I took the toys over, I think I even mentioned it a few times. I decided it best to leave the kids with Rocky while I took the toys over to our friends, Tomoko and Hi-ya. I think that this was wise because Annabelle didn't really miss them. There were so many things going on that I don't think that she really missed them. I am glad that I saved some recognizable toys for her, though. I didn't really use them for the plane trip. Well, really she doesn't really play with them now either because she has so many "new" (hand-me-down) things. She really likes the fact that we saved her bath toys, though. Anyway, I guess if I could do this all again, I would actually leave a few more of her toys....and a LOT more of my clothes, but that would have to be another blog topic.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기