http://www.deliciousbaby.com/travel/family-travel-tips/jet-lag-and-babies-toddlers-and-kids/
I thought that this Website was very informative and relieving to hear the expected night time awakenings were at the child's usual meal times (which happened with Annabelle). I also think that it is essential to allow them to get up at night if they need to. That way they can get rid of some energy and then gently put them back to bed.
http://www.travelwithyourkids.com/once-there/what-you-can-do-about-jet-lag
This was a great website that really stressed that time cures all. I think that it's also important not to expect your children nor yourself to be normal after a long flight and different time zones.
Right now I'm on day 2 and a half and I truly am getting so little sleep. It seems like if one kid wakes up the the other decides that it's time to wake up. Also, Annabelle doesn't always go to sleep when she's tired, but rather picks up her pace so she doesn't pass out. Today, she had little sleep that was very interrupted, so we thought that she would sleep better at night. Boy were we wrong. She did go to sleep well initially, but after only an hour or two she woke up in a horrible whine. She did that several times. Rocky Jack's schedule was also messed up, but because he usually wakes up more, it didn't seem as bad.
www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2114617
February 10, 2012
So it's almost been a month since we've been home and I can now say that it took the kids a good five days to back to schedule. Once they were on schedule, it was then my turn ( I was soooo exhausted). It took me two weeks to get the buzzing out of my head and to be able to sleep through the night when I was supposed to. Even though the kids could sleep, even though I was extremely exhausted I struggled to sleep at night. I'm so glad that we stayed with Rocky's folks so they could help us out emotionally and physically during that hard time. I'm glad that I wasn't too stubborn to ask for help when I needed it.
Sat. Mar 3, 2012
I've decided that changing time zones affects our bladders along with our sleep schedule. Annabelle used to wake up with little urine in her diaper, but now it's bursting, even after two months of returning. I think that she'd be ready to potty train otherwise. I can tell that my bladder had to make an adjustment, too. I don't fully feel like my body has adjusted to this new schedule.
Mon, May 28, 2012
I think that our children are finally on track. Jack is finally sleeping the way he should and Annabelle doesn't have such wet diapers at night. Halleluiah.
I thought that this Website was very informative and relieving to hear the expected night time awakenings were at the child's usual meal times (which happened with Annabelle). I also think that it is essential to allow them to get up at night if they need to. That way they can get rid of some energy and then gently put them back to bed.
http://www.travelwithyourkids.com/once-there/what-you-can-do-about-jet-lag
This was a great website that really stressed that time cures all. I think that it's also important not to expect your children nor yourself to be normal after a long flight and different time zones.
Right now I'm on day 2 and a half and I truly am getting so little sleep. It seems like if one kid wakes up the the other decides that it's time to wake up. Also, Annabelle doesn't always go to sleep when she's tired, but rather picks up her pace so she doesn't pass out. Today, she had little sleep that was very interrupted, so we thought that she would sleep better at night. Boy were we wrong. She did go to sleep well initially, but after only an hour or two she woke up in a horrible whine. She did that several times. Rocky Jack's schedule was also messed up, but because he usually wakes up more, it didn't seem as bad.
www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2114617
February 10, 2012
So it's almost been a month since we've been home and I can now say that it took the kids a good five days to back to schedule. Once they were on schedule, it was then my turn ( I was soooo exhausted). It took me two weeks to get the buzzing out of my head and to be able to sleep through the night when I was supposed to. Even though the kids could sleep, even though I was extremely exhausted I struggled to sleep at night. I'm so glad that we stayed with Rocky's folks so they could help us out emotionally and physically during that hard time. I'm glad that I wasn't too stubborn to ask for help when I needed it.
Sat. Mar 3, 2012
I've decided that changing time zones affects our bladders along with our sleep schedule. Annabelle used to wake up with little urine in her diaper, but now it's bursting, even after two months of returning. I think that she'd be ready to potty train otherwise. I can tell that my bladder had to make an adjustment, too. I don't fully feel like my body has adjusted to this new schedule.
Mon, May 28, 2012
I think that our children are finally on track. Jack is finally sleeping the way he should and Annabelle doesn't have such wet diapers at night. Halleluiah.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기